Brisbane: Pakistan batsman Mohammad Wasim spent three hours in a Brisbane hospital last night after suffering a severe allergic reaction to eating a prawn, it was reported today.
Wasim was rushed to the Royal Brisbane Hospital when he started vomiting, his eyes puffed up and rashes broke out on his body after eating the prawn at the team's hotel. ''It was just a small piece of prawn,'' Wasim told local media on Friday.
''They gave me injections (at the hospital) in my hands and legs and gave me oxygen because I wasn't breathing properly. ''It was a little scary because I've never been through anything like this before.''