Wellington: New Zealand cricket selectors on Monday said that Wellington pace bowler Andrew Penn had been injured in a club match over the weekend, ruling him out of next month's Test series against South Africa.
The selectors said Penn had failed a medical test and will be replaced by 25-year-old Canterbury fast-medium bowler Chris Martin, who is yet to play Test cricket.''Chris is a bowler who proved on both the New Zealand 'A' tour of the United Kingdom and the BIL Academy tour of India that he bowls good lines and has the ability to find the edge of the bat,'' chairman of selectors Sir Richard Hadlee said.
Martin will leave to join the team in South Africa on Thursday. New Zealand are currently 0-3 down with two games to go in a six-match One-day series in South Africa. The first game was rained off.The three-match Test series starts in Bloemfontein on November 17.(c) Reuters Limited.