हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

'Series was a good exposure to youngsters'

Published: Sunday, December 10, 2000, 21:10 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Rajkot: Indian captain Saurav Ganguly on Thursday shrugged off the one-match ban slapped on him for showing dissent and intimidating the umpire, as mere "incidents, which are part of the game". He however said the incident was "unfortunate". "It was a part of the game. Such things happen on the spur of the moment and are not intentional," Ganguly said. Ganguly reduced to a spectator in the final One-dayer, was pulled up by match-referee Bary Jarman of Australia for intimidating the umpire during his appeals in the Kanpur match.

The Indian skipper had made three lbw appeals against Mluleki Nkala and all were turned down by umpire C K Sathe, which had prompted the action. Ganguly is also facing a two-match suspended sentence till June 1 for trying to bring the game to disrupte. The unfortunate incident apart, Ganguly was happy with the way series has gone through. "It was a very good exposure for the youngsters as some of them have shown fighting qualities, which augurs well for the Indian cricket," he said. Ganguly said India had been playing very good cricket for the last three months. "Before this series we did well in Nairobi, Sharjah and then Dhaka and I think we again played well at home to win the Test series as well as the One-day series," he added.

Write Comments