Thatscricket - News - Qadir opts out of Shoaib review panel

Published: Monday, March 12, 2001, 23:53 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Karachi: Former international leg spinner Abdul Qadir on Monday said he intended to withdraw from a Pakistan inquiry into paceman Shoaib Akhtar's suspect bowling action.''I have made up my mind that I will not work anymore with the bowling committee,'' Qadir told Reuters from Lahore. ''I will inform the (Pakistan) Cricket Board (PCB) later in the day on Monday.''New Zealand umpires Doug Cowie and Steve Dunne reported Shoaib for a suspect bowling action last month in the fifth One-day International against New Zealand in Dunedin.Shoaib was also called over his suspect action in the third Test against Australia in Perth in December 1999 and served a four-week suspension before being allowed to resume his career in a Limited Overs series in Australia early last year.Qadir, who gave no reason for his withdrawal, was expected to start the review this week together with Ijaz Fakih and Mohsin Kamal.Media reports have said that Qadir had fallen out with the PCB over their appointment of former England batsman Geoffrey Boycott for a coaching assignment.Boycott is scheduled to arrive in Pakistan on May 21 for a week-long coaching session. Boycott was paid 30,000 pounds ($ 44,050) for a series of coaching clinics in Pakistan in February. (c) Reuters Limited. Click here for Restrictions

Write Comments