Johannesburg: Disgraced former South African cricket captain Hansie Cronje has filed an affidavit in the Pretoria High Court objecting to an order by South African cricketing authorities preventing him from speaking at a public function. The affidavit objects to a decision by the United Cricket Board of South Africa (UCBSA) not to allow Cronje to be the guest speaker at a benefit dinner for one of his former colleagues, Gerhardus Liebenberg, who invited the player to do so in June. While the provincial cricket authority, including its two UCBSA representatives, did not object to this, it was sent to the board for ratification. The UCBSA refused to accede to the request. Earlier, UCBSA president Percy Sonn had said he did not want Cronje involved in any aspect of the game, including involvement in any UCBSA-linked function. Cronje's legal representative, Leslie Sackstein, said the refusal by the Board "amounts to an effort by the UCBSA to interfere with Hansie's relationships and we are determined to fight that." The hearing is set for September 26. Cronje is already fighting against a UCBSA decision banning from participating in any cricket-related events. The UBSA had earlier banned Cronje from cricket for life after he admitted to accepting money and gifts from Indian and South African bookmakers to help fix cricket matches. Cronje's confession led to an inquiry into match-fixing by the King Commission in South Africa and eventually to the International Cricket Council investigation, which culminated in the release of its report on Wednesday.