हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Sachin fit for SA, no news from Laxman: Lele

Published: Tuesday, September 4, 2001, 21:22 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Mumbai: The beleaguered Indian cricket team received a shot in the arm on Tuesday with two of its star performers, Sachin Tendulkar and Anil Kumble, reporting fit for the tour to South Africa starting later this month.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Jaywant Lele told PTI over phone from Baroda that both Tendulkar and Kumble had informed him that they were fit and would send their fitness certificates soon. Lele said Tendulkar had spoken to him on Tuesday and told him that he was feeling comfortable wearing the new inner soles in his boots to protect his injured right toe, and there was no pain whatsoever. Tendulkar, who sustained the toe injury on the Zimbabwe tour, acquired the inner soles from South Africa last week after consulting Arthroscopic surgeon Dr Mark Fergusson. "Kumble too has disclosed that he is completely fit and has no problem with his shoulder which was operated upon in January. I am expecting their fitness certificates within a day or two," Lele added. Lele said there was no intimation yet from the V V S Laxman who had skipped the Test series in Sri Lanka due to a knee problem and had gone to Australia for an operation. Lele was also not aware of medium pacer Zaheer Khan's fitness. Zaheer had shin problem during the Test series in Sri Lanka, which worsened during the third Test in Colombo. Pacemen Javagal Srinath and Ashish Nehra, who too were nursing injuries, were also expected to be fit in the next few days.  

Extras:
Post your views

Write Comments