England tour of India - News - Cricket: Fulton not official England reserve, says Graveney

Published: Friday, October 12, 2001, 3:50 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

London: England's chairman of selectors David Graveney denied reports on Monday that Kent batsman David Fulton had been placed on standby for England's tour of India next month.Graveney did admit that Fulton was a possible contender but in a statement on Monday said, "I did tell David Fulton at the end of the season that he was unlucky not to have been chosen for the winter tour squads and that he would be in our thoughts as a possible replacement if anyone withdrew from the tour party."But I would like to make it clear that at this stage we have not formally appointed any players to be on standby for this winter. We will not make any decision on replacements until we hear from the five players who have yet to confirm whether they are available for the tour of India."Fulton said he had been told informally that, should Marcus Trescothick decide not to go on the tour, he will be called in as a replacement.

Copyright AFP 2001

Fulton standby for Trescothick on India tour

Write Comments