New Delhi: Even as Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Jagmohan Dalmiya on Friday discussed security aspects of England's tour starting next month with Union ministers, the visiting captain revealed he was still unsure whether it would go ahead.
England captain Nasser Hussain said he would be holding an urgent meeting with England's administrators as soon as he steps off the plane from the tour of Zimbabwe on Monday to determine whether the tour to India should take place. England is scheduled to play three Tests in Mohali, Ahmedabad and Bangalore during the first part of the tour, which starts on November 14. It will then return home for Christmas before coming back to India in mid-January for a series of five One- day Internationals. "The Foreign Office officials are saying Britons should keep their heads down out there, but as we stand at the moment I haven't been in touch with the ECB (English and Wales Cricket Board) and I'll go with what they recommend and how they're viewing it," Hussain said. "For a Test match tour everyone has to be clear. You can't be told about it a week before you're going - for a Test match tour to India everyone has to be getting their minds spot on, making sure they're fit and fully ready to go and that has to be sorted out soon after this group gets back." ECB chief executive Tim Lamb is planning to discuss the issue with his Indian counterpart at the full meeting of the International Cricket Council scheduled for Kuala Lumpur on October 18 and 19, but Hussain wants the players to have a big input into the final decision. "The players will have a lot of input because this is going to be a really, really serious decision," said Hussain. Doubts over the tour arose after the Indian government cancelled the inaugural Afro- Asian Games in New Delhi in November soon after last month's attacks. New Zealand and Sri Lanka have cancelled cricket tours of neighbouring Pakistan over the last month.
Extras: Dalmiya meets Advani on security for Eng tour Post your views