Online cricket News | Current Events | India News | Current Affairs
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2001, 23:53 [IST]
Copyright AFP 2001
'Malegaon violence no dampener to India tour'
'England should go on with India tour'
Eng tour hanging by thread: British media
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
|[an error occurred while processing this directive]|
London: The England selectors have put Kent batsman David Fulton on standby for a possible place in the tour to India next month, the Press Association said on Monday.[an error occurred while processing this directive]Fulton said he had been told informally that, should Marcus Trescothick decide not to go on the tour, he will be called in as a replacement.Trescothick is one of five selected players, who asked for more time to make their decision in the wake of the US military campaign against Afghanistan.Fulton told BBC Radio Kent, "I've been told informally I'm on standby for the opening batsmen positions. If Marcus doesn't go I presume I'll be going but stranger things have happened."But the 29-year-old added, "I don't want to be selected on unfortunate circumstances but you've got to take your chances."Trescothick, along with fellow doubters Andy Caddick, Ashley Giles, Craig White and Robert Croft, are expected to make their decisions this week.