हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

ICC specifies norms for World Cup injury substitution

Published: Tuesday, December 17, 2002, 22:16 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

London: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has asked participating teams to take prior written consent of the event technical committee before replacing any injured player during next year's World Cup in South Africa.

The ICC said in a release that the participating nations agreement for the World Cup states that final squads of 15 players for the mega event selected from the initial list of up to 30 players, need to be supplied in writing on or before 31 December 2002. "After this date, participating nations will be entitled to replace any players previously nominated only with the prior written consent of the event technical committee," the release said.

The event technical committee comprises senior ICC representatives and the tournament director of the World Cup. "At any stage after December 31, if one of the 15 named players is, in the opinion of his team manager, unfit to play a useful part in any match during the remainder of the event a representation can be made to the event technical committee," the release stated.

It said after the team manager's request, a panel of three doctors approved by the ICC will examine the player and if they agree that the player is unfit to play a useful part in any match during the remainder of the event, the team may replace him with another. "This procedure applies whether or not the injury existed before December 31," the release added.

Write Comments