Cape Town: Peeved at the English and Wales Cricket Board's delay in announcing a decision on the Harare match, the International Cricket Council set a deadline to decide on whether the English cricketers will got to Zimbabwe to play their match at Harare on Thursday.
In an attempt to bring the controversy to an end, ICC president Malcolm Gray served the ultimatum to ECB to take the decision after receiving a new security report regarding the risks to players in the southern African country. "They (the English cricketers) really need to get to grips with the situation and give us an answer by 4 pm (local time)," Gray was quoted as saying by the BBC.
"Yesterday, they came to us and said as yet they couldn't make a decision and could we help them with some more information to verify something. "England must give us an answer. By 4.00 pm (local time), tell us one way or another but don't keep coming back requesting this and that. "The concern they have had all along is the safety and security of players," the ICC chief said.