Johannesburg: Big-hitting South African Lance Klusener, man-of-the-tournament at the last World Cup in 1999, said on Thursday that he was ready once again to set the cricket world alight. After a disappointing run of form which had left many people questioning his place in the side, the 31-year-old answered critics in devastating style by smashing 57 which almost won the opening game against the West Indies at Newlands. Klusener then took 4 for 16 to help his side to a 10-wicket win over Kenya at Potchefstroom. "There's been pressure on me to perform, but it's just nice to be batting and bowling well again," he said.
"It's just a matter of going out there and believing in yourself. It goes through your mind what the problem is, but at the end of the day there's no change and there's no reason I can't get back to where I have been before with my game," said Klusener who was dropped from the Test and One-day sides after a run of poor form last year. "I haven't really been taking wickets and then again I haven't really been scoring runs either so both performances at the World Cup in the two games so far have been very pleasing," the player told the 'Johannesburg Star' newspaper.