Johannesburg: New Zealand will find out on Thursday whether its request to have the World Cup Group 'B' game against Kenya switched to South Africa has been successful. The Kiwis have refused to play its February 21 game in Nairobi because of security fears. The International Cricket Council (ICC) executive board will meet on Thursday to discuss the matter, a statement by the sport's governing body said on Wednesday.
New Zealand has said it has security concerns over playing the match in Kenya since a November bombing killed 16 people in Mombasa. If the ICC turns down NZC's request, Stephen Fleming's men, who have two wins and one defeat from their three games so far in the tournament, will be docked four points. Sri Lanka, the other team to play in Kenya, has said it will go ahead with the February 24 game in Nairobi. Copyright AFP 2001