हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Don~~t write me off, I~~ll come back, says dropped Donald

Published: Saturday, February 22, 2003, 23:53 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Bloemfontein: Veteran South African paceman Allan Donald pledged on Saturday to bounce back after being dropped for the second time in the World Cup. Donald, 36, sat out the Group 'B' match against Bangladesh at Goodyear Park and watched his teammates bowl out their opponents for just 108 off 35.1 overs. Makhaya Ntini took four for 24, while Donald's replacement Andrew Hall grabbed two for 15 and skipper Shaun Pollock two for 8. "A lot of people have been telling me this week how I should be bowling and in the nets I have felt very relaxed," said Donald who was denied the opportunity of answering his growing army of critics on his home ground. "Things went well in practice and hopefully I will get another chance to put it right out there on the pitch. In a perfect world, I would be playing but the team comes first and they all did a great job." Donald had been under fire for his performances in the tournament after conceding 54 runs in nine overs against the West Indies and 52 against New Zealand from 5.5 overs with just one wicket to his name. He was also dropped for the match against Kenya which his side won comfortably in Potchefstroom on February 12. Copyright AFP 2001

Extras:
South Africa is choking under pressure, insists Imran
'Donald is great fighter, will over come slack in form'

Write Comments