New Delhi: With the twin Mumbai blasts raising fresh security concerns, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Tuesday said it had issued strict directions to all the staging venues to ensure trouble-free conduct of matches during the upcoming home series with New Zealand and the subsequent tri-series. "We will not compromise on player security. We have given strict instructions to all the associations to adhere to our guidelines on security," BCCI secretary S K Nair said on the sidelines of the All India Sports Congress (AISC). Nair said though New Zealand Cricket (NZC) had yet to approach the Board, BCCI was prepared to allay their security apprehensions.
"They may ask for our feedback on the security scenario in the wake of the bomb blasts. Well, we will tell them that they will be provided security of the highest order. There will be no compromise on that," Nair said. The BCCI secretary said the Board will also not tolerate a repeat of incidents of crowd violence that marred the West Indies tour of India last year.
"We will not adopt a soft approach at all. We will be very strict on this count because even one such incident tarnishes the image of the entire country," he said. New Zealand is scheduled to arrive on September 23 to play two Test matches and a tri-series, which will have world champions Australia as the third team.