|Home -> News -> Report|
|Dalmiya holds talks with ICC officials|
Tuesday, February 17 2004 12:03 Hrs (IST)
The BCCI president had given the ICC an ultimatum to pay up last November, but so far, none of the 6.5 million dollars that India is to get has been released.
When contacted Dalmiya was tight-lipped on the outcome of the meetings. "I have had a series of meetings," he stated.
The ICC held back India's money because of differences over cricketers' contracts with World Cup sponsors.
The ICC said it had suffered losses for the Indian players' breach of contract for the mega event in South Africa in February-March last year.
The BCCI has said the ground for holding back India's share of the World Cup profits was frivolous, as were the claims of damage by the World Cup marketing agents - Global Cricket Corporation and World Sports Nimbus.