हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Thatscricket - News - Dalmiya wraps up discussions with ICC officials

Published: Friday, February 20, 2004, 0:31 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Home -> News -> Report

Dalmiya wraps up discussions with ICC officials
Thursday, February 19 2004 19:01 Hrs (IST)

London:The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Jagmohan Dalmiya on Thursday said there has been progress in India's efforts to get the release of World Cup guarantee money from the International Cricket Council (ICC) after a three-day meeting of the contracts sub-committee that concluded in London on Thursday.

Dalmiya, however, declined to give further details on the issue. "There has been progress but I would not like to say anything more on it," he told shortly before leaving for Kolkata.

According to an ICC spokesman, there was no scheduled meeting of the ICC contracts sub-committee in London. "But we continue to hold discussions to resolve the issue," he said.

ICC has withheld 6.5 million dollars from India's share of World Cup profits pending resolution of the cricketers' contracts dispute with the event sponsors. The BCCI has said that the ground for holding back India's share was frivolous, as were the claims of damage by the World Cup marketing agents, Global Cricket Corporation (GCC) and World Sports Nimbus (WSN).

While the GCC-WSN have reportedly claimed damages worth 47.34 million dollars, the BCCI has said that GCC-WSN had been able to sell 97-98 per cent of television slots.



Extras
Dalmiya holds talks with ICC officials
PTI

Write Comments