हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Abu Dhabi match issue closed: BCCI

Published: Saturday, May 1, 2004, 23:53 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Kolkata :The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Saturday sought to put to rest the week-long controversy over the proposed Indo-Pak match in Abu Dhabi, saying neither had it received any request for giving clearance to the Limited Overs outing, nor does it intend to allow the Indian players to participate in the game.

"We are sick and tired of this matter. It simply has no basis. Nobody has sought the permission of the BCCI. Nor does the Board intend to give clearance to the players to take part in the match. Please treat the matter as closed," said a BCCI statement.

When asked to comment on reports that a highly-placed Abu Dhabi Cricket Control Board (ADCCB) official had met top level Board officials in India, the source said, "there is absolutely no basis to such reports."

BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya, who was unavailable for comments, had earlier said that the Board was "completely in the dark" about the tie.

The issue came into focus after ADCCB claimed that an Indian and Pakistani eleven would clash on May 14 in the desert city for the 100,000 USD Sheikh Zayed Cricket Cup and claimed that the Boards of both the countries had given their consent.

Write Comments