No controversy regarding itinerary: Dalmiya

Published: Saturday, June 5, 2004, 23:53 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Mumbai:The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said the confusion over the proposed itinerary for the forthcoming tour of South Africa would be sorted out soon across the board.

"It's just a matter of the secretaries of the two Boards to sit and sort out. There's no controversy," said BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya reacting to news reports which said United Cricket Board of South Africa's (UCBSA) chief executive Gerald Majola was as confused as anyone else over the itinerary.

Majola had said that the Indian Board officials "keep on moving the goalposts", while revealing that the BCCI has now suggested a two-Test series instead of the seven-match ODI series it had proposed earlier.

Dalmiya said in Mumbai that the problem has arisen because of the tight international schedule of both India and South Africa.

"It's all because of a cramped programme. Last year we invited Australia for a tri-series and this year we are hosting them in a Test series. We had split the series against Australia into two parts," he said.

"South Africa wanted to play seven ODIs. We said they are too many and suggested to come and play 2-3 Tests. Things will take time to sort out. Till yesterday it was not sure whether the Holland tri-series is on. Now I can say it's on,", Dalmiya said after the one day conclave of Ranji Trophy captains and coaches in Mumbai.

Write Comments