हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

BCCI snatches Indian players~~ US dream

Published: Thursday, June 17, 2004, 23:53 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Mumbai :The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has shot down the plans of some second-string Indian players to participate in a novel American Pro-cricket event next month following a directive from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

BCCI secretary S K Nair said in a press release from Thiruvananthapuram that the BCCI will not allow any players from taking part in the event in view of the stand taken by the ICC directing the member Boards to disallow any players from playing in the event.

"The International Cricket Council (ICC) had communicated to all its members including the BCCI that it had not approved the event and that the event did not have the support of the United States of America Cricket Association either.

The ICC had recommended to the members (that) countries should therefore not release any players to play in this event," Nair said.

"In view of this BCCI too had advised all the players that permission would not be granted to participate in the American Pro-cricket event since it did not have the ICC approval," Nair said.

According to the BCCI it had been receiving queries with regard to participation of some Indian cricketers like Vinod Kambli, Rohan Gavaskar, Dinesh Mongia, Rahul Sanghvi, Sarandeep Singh, Amit Mishra, Ajay Ratra, Amit Bhandari and others in the event.

The event, scheduled to be played on a league basis on weekends, is on the lines of the hugely popular Twenty20 format, which made its debut in England last season.

Write Comments