"This is no issue for us. The document has gone (to the players) but has not come back with the comments. It may happen immediately after they return (from Asia Cup)," BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya said after the first day of the working committee meeting in New Delhi.
Dalmiya said the Board has already spoken with players on the matter.
"We have discussed with the senior players Anil Kumble, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly. And also with players like Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan. We have got excellent relations with the players," he said.
The ticklish issue came up for discussion at the working committee meeting amid reports that resistance from relatively junior players could lead to substantial changes in the payments to be offered to players.
The figures could reportedly be revised to Rs 50 lakh for grade A cricketers, Rs 35 lakh for the next grade players and Rs 20 lakh for the bottom-rung performers, as against the earlier stated position of Rs 60, 30 and 15 lakh which the cricketers and the BCCI had agreed to last month.
Dalmiya had to hastily cancel the gradation committee meeting in Kolkata on July 9 after he was informed by a very senior cricketer they needed more time to put it in place.