हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

~~Prasar Bharati ready for four-year rights~~

Published: Monday, October 4, 2004, 23:53 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

New Delhi:After signing an agreement with the BCCI for 31 days cricket telecast rights, Prasar Bharatisaid today it was ready to work towards getting the four-year rights as well.

"If opportunity presents itself, then certainly," Prasar Bharati CEO K S Sarma said here, when asked whether the public broadcaster was ready to submit a fresh bid for the four-year cricket telecast rights if the Supreme Court asked for a new tender process.

After legal challenge by ESPN-Star Sports, the BCCI had last month cancelled the earlier tender outcome where Zee Telefilms had won the rights for four years for 308 milliondollars.

The matter currently is being heard by a Constitution bench of the Supreme Court and Sarma said all future course of action would be subject to the apex court's decision.

On the current agreement with the cricket board for six test matches and a one-day fixture, Sarma said altogther Rs 100 crore would be paid by them to BCCI.

"We will be doing all the marketing in India and will be selling advertising for the 31 days together," he said.

Asked whether Prasar Bharati would also make the feed available on Dish TV, the DTH arm of Zee, he said the matter was currently being studied.

"We are studying the matter,including ascertaining whether the copyright we have with BCCI affects that arrangement," he said.

Write Comments