Prasar Bharati CEO K S Sarma has written a letter to the Board of Control for Cricket in India, saying it was "fully prepared" for telecasting the series.
"I have written the letter to the Cricket Board on Friday and expect a favourable response," Sarma told PTI here.
Sarma said the public broadcaster was prepared for telecasting the series on an exclusive basis. "However, if any other arrangement is worked out, we are ready for that too," he said, though refusing to divulge further details.
Following the spat between Zee, ESPN Star Sports and BCCI last year over long-term cricket rights which saw them landing in Supreme Court, Prasar Bharati had managed to get rights for 31 days of cricket, which included Test matches against Australia and South Africa and a one-off ODI against Pakistan.
Required to pay Rs 85 crore to BCCI for this, the public broadcaster had managed to earn around Rs 15 crore.