Zee says court order is its ~~first victory~~

Published: Monday, March 21, 2005, 23:53 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

New Delhi:Zee Telefilms Limited today (March 21, 2005) welcomed the Madras High Court judgment terming as 'improper' the cancellation of tender process by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for telecast of cricket matches and said this was the "first victory" for the channel towards getting the telecast rights.

"The High Court verdict is reiteration of what we have always been saying that there is a clear nexus between BCCI and ESPN," Ashish Kaul, Vice-President Zee Telefilms said while commenting on the court judgment on a petition filed by the television company.

"We are presently discussing this (the issue of compensation) with our legal advisors and the board of directors will take a decision soon," he said.

Zee had been initially granted the telecast rights for $308 million before the Board decided to cancel the bid process after ESPN-Star challenged the decision in the court last year.

Write Comments