Warne has no plans to quit after Ashes

Published: Monday, May 2, 2005, 23:53 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

London:A day after reports of him quitting after the 2006-07 Ashes came in the press, champion leg-spinner Shane Warne has denied them completely.

It may be recalled that reports had appeared in a section of the media quoting Warne's brother Jason Warne, his brother and manager, as saying that the Ashes "could be Shane's last series".

However, according to ABC Sport, Shane Warne himself wasn't so sure.

"I might have to ring my brother ... I haven't spoken to him for about a week so I'm not sure," Warne said.

"Sometimes the media are the first ones to let me know on a lot of things, but no, I haven't heard that one, but we'll wait and see."

Warne who made his debut in 1992 in Sydney is the leading wicket-taker in Tests with 583 scalps from 123 Tests.

In reports that appeared a day earlier in The Sun Herald, Jason Warne had said that his brother wanted to retire so that he could spend more time with his children.

"If he didn't have kids, he might play forever, but he misses them a lot these days when Test tours take him away. That's becoming more of an issue for him. One of the big reasons he stopped playing One-day cricket for Australia was to cut down on the amount of travel he had to do, not so much cut down on his workload."

Write Comments