हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

BCCI unlikely to accept ODI series proposal

Published: Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 23:53 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Thiruvananthapuram :Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary S.K Nair today said India was unlikely agree to the Sri Lankan government-run interim committee's proposal to play a five-match One-day series in India in August immediately after the conclusion of the July-August tri-series tournament featuring India, Sri Lanka and West Indies.

Speaking exclusively to Thatscricket.com, Nair said the packed international scheduleIndia has makes it difficult for BCCI to give their consent to the Lankan proposal.

"It's very unlikely that we are going to accept the Sri Lankan interim committee's proposal. We have a packed international schedule ahead of us," Nair said.

"Anyway Sri Lanka are scheduled to tour India in November for a Test and ODI series. Prior to that, we have the Zimbabwe tour coming up. So where can we accommodate these series?" Nair asked.

Nair, however said the issue will be discussed at an appropriate forum before a final decision can be reached.

"BCCI will discuss the matter at an appropriate time. We will see what we can do," Nair added.

It may be recalled that the Sri Lankan government-run interim committee, which had been trusted with the responsibility to run the affairs of the game in the island after the Sri Lankan Cricket was dissolved, had sent a proposal to the BCCI to play the five ODI series in India sometime in August shortly after tri-series.

The five-match India-Sri Lanka ODI series was first scheduled in late April but had to be put off indefinitely.

Write Comments