हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Ganguly says BCCI will decide on appeal

Published: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 23:53 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Kolkata:It is up to the BCCI to decide on filing a fresh appeal to the ICC on the six-match ODI ban slapped on him for the team's slow over-rate in the Ahmedabad ODI against Pakistan last month, says Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly.

"The matter is not in my hands. I have left it to the board. They'll do whatever is necessary," Ganguly told newsmen prior to leaving for a vacation in Europe today.

Ganguly disagreed with a questioner that the board was dragging its feet on filing a fresh appeal on the ban.

"There is no hurry. There is time till July. The BCCI bosses will take an approprate decision in due time."

He said it was upto the BCCI-appointed six-member committee to decide on the appointment of a new coach for the national squad.

"I have no role to play in it. The committee comprises seasoned people. They will take a decision after serious consideration," he said.

Ganguly, who was suffering from a prolonged run drought, expressed confidence of making it to the team once the ban issue was sorted out.

Asked whether he was confident of making a comeback, the 'Prince of Kolkata' said "What comeback? I will return to the team once the problem relating to my ban is solved."

Ganguly said he could not fulfil his wish of having stint with an English County team this season as all the sides had already finished filling up their quota of foreigners.

Ganguly left for London this morning on the first leg of his three-week Europe trip.

He is also scheduled to visit France and Austria before returning home on June 10.

Ganguly said he would love to watch the French Open tennis tournament at Rolland Garros. "But the problem is in getting a ticket. I have already spoken to Mahesh Bhupathi. Let's see what happens."

Write Comments