A spokeswoman of Glamorgan told PTI that Ganguly was at the club and was signed as overseas player.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had earlier denied knowledge of Glamorgan seeking Ganguly's services for two months and more from June 1.
"We have not received any request from the player, nor has the County approached us seeking his release," BCCI president Ranbir Singh Mahendra had said.
BCCI secretary S K Nair, when contacted after Glamorgan's latest statement, said that Board had not issued a 'no objection certificate' to Ganguly. "How can we give when we have not received a request," he said.
News reports from England said Ganguly, facing a six-match ODI ban, has signed to play for Glamorgan in June and July and the contract could be extended if Ganguly's appeal against the ban was to be turned down.
The report said Glamorgan were awaiting an official confirmation from the BCCI exempting him from attending the team training camp in July.
"We are delighted to have secured his services," AFP quoted Glamorgan chief executive Mike Fatkin as saying.
"It appears he has been given leave to miss the Indian training camp in July, something we are expecting written confirmation on shortly, and although we are signing him on the basis of him being available until the end of July, there is a strong chance that he will be with us for longer."
Glamorgan hope that Ganguly, who played for Lancashire in 2000, would play his first match of the season against Sussex, starting at Swansea on June 1.