Glamorgan were making arrangements for Ganguly's work permit which they said should be with him well in time before he takes the field in a championship match against Sussex at Swansea on June 1.
"It is going to be ok. We will be getting the work permit for Ganguly next week," a spokeswoman for the club told PTI here.
It may be recalled that last year around the same time, left-arm paceman Zaheer Khan had to render his service to Surrey for free since, having originally come to England for training, could get the work permit in the last minute.
Zaheer, of course, used the one first-class match more as an opportunity to test his fitness than to earn.
But no such worries for Ganguly.
The county stint should be a good opportunity for Ganguly to rediscover his batting form and also a chance to set some past record straight.
He earned the sobriquet 'Lord Snooty' after an indifferent stint with Lancashire in 2000, and his running between the wickets did not earn him many friends in the dressing room either.
Ganguly was signed up for a two month period but the six-match ODI ban could mean that the contract could be extended.
India are to play in a tri-series in Sri Lanka in August and the BCCI has said that Ganguly would have to make himself available whenever his services was called upon.
And should Ganguly be among some valuable runs, he could be exempted from the training camp under new coach Greg Chappell expected to be held before the start of the season.