"It has been decided that the Afro-Asia Cup matches would continue for the next two years with India agreeing to host the next series in Bangalore with the dates yet to be decided," a senior PCB official said on Friday.
He said that the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) had signed a three-year television and marketing rights deal with an Indian sports marketing and television production company, Nimbus for $12 million. "According to this agreement the Asian and African councils are bound to hold the matches for the next two years," he added.
Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, the four Asian Test playing nations will get a lions share of the 12 million dollars with the rest going to the players and for the development projects in the associate countries of Asia and Africa.
The official added that the second edition of the Asia-Africa series could include five games but added that at present the format was for three matches.
The first edition was played last month in Johannesburg and Durban with the third and final deciding encounter abandoned due to rain and both teams sharing the prize money and the trophy.
The official revealed that the third edition of the series would go back to Africa but the demand was to host the matches in an associate country like Namibia or Kenya to boost the game and attract bigger crowds.