Chairman Shaharyar Khan and Director Cricket Operations Saleem Altaf both watched the video prepared by coach Bob Woolmer on Wednesday but were not satisfied with the outcome.
"Basically the present video is of Shabbir bowling in the nets in restricted conditions. So we were not able to get a fair idea of whether there has been an improvement in his bowling action and more importantly he didnt bowl enough overs in the video," Altaf said on Wednesday.
He also voiced concern over the quality of Shabbirs bowling in the nets and in the three-day practice game in Lahore last week when he bowled just six overs.
Shabbir has not bowled in a representative match since he was reported for a suspect action by ICC match officials during the first Test against the West Indies in Barbados in May.
"The feedback we got from the match was that he is hesitant to go flat out because of his action problems and the Chairman also feels that Shabbir needs to be made to bowl in match conditions for several spells and than his action recorded."
"Only than can we tell if his action has shown improvement and we are confident enough to send him abroad for further correction and then his video to the ICC for final clearance," Altaf added.
Pakistan wants to get the 29-year-olds bowling action cleared before the home series against England in November-December.
"Woolmer has, however, told us that even umpire Aleem Dar saw him bowl and found no faults with his action with the naked eye."