BCCI unaware of ACU officials visit: Mahendra

Updated: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 16:11 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Chandigarh:The Indian Cricket Board today ruled out initiating an inquiry into allegations that the recent triseries in Zimbabwe was fixed while also denying knowledge about the visit of two ICC Anti-Corruption Unit officials to the country.

"As of now, we are not going to initiate any inquiry as we have not received any complaint from anywhere. As regards the visit of two ICC officials, I want to make it clear the Board has no information about their visit," BCCI President Ranbir Singh Mahendra told reporters here.

"They have not got in touch with us, so the question of our establishing contact with them therefore, does not arise".

He said even the International Cricket Council had not informed the BCCI about the visit of its officials to India and "whatever we have learnt is through the media".

A report in a leading daily today said two ACU officials, Alan Peacock and Martin Hawkins, had been in New Delhi recently to probe allegations that the triseries, which had New Zealand as the third team besides India and the hosts, was fixed.

Mahendra said the Board was "very much serious" about tackling the menace of match-fixing.

"In the past we have shown that we are the only cricket board in the world which has taken action. However, till there is any substance or something credible, initiating any action is not possible," he said.

When asked about the meeting, which reportedly took place between the ACU officials and Indian investigating agencies, including CBI on the match-fixing issue, Mahendra said "no investigating agency or the police has given us any information".

On the alleged links of bar girl Tarannum Khan with bookies, Mahendra said the police had not provided them with any information in this regard so far.

Story first published:  Tuesday, September 13, 2005, 23:53 [IST]
Write Comments