हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

There~~s still some pain in elbow, says Tendulkar

Published: Saturday, October 1, 2005, 23:53 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Mumbai:Sachin Tendulkar today said he was still feeling a bit of pain in his elbow but had been given a green signal by his doctors to play in the N K P Salve Challenger Series after being out of action for four months.

"It still pains a little (the elbow), but my doctors have declared me fit to play. I enjoy playing in the Challenger Trophy. It gives a perfect platform for me to test my matchfitness," he said after a net session at the MIG Club in suburban Bandra which is close to his residence.

Tendulkar had undergone a surgery for his tennis elbow problem in London at the end of May and has not played any competitive cricket since then though he has indulged in light practice sessions. Today he batted in the nets too.

The ace batsman was given the go ahead to play yesterday and was today named in the India Seniors squad to be led by Sourav Ganguly by the national selectors in Delhi who chose the three teams to play in the Challenger series.

Tendulkar missed the first two tours of India in the new season, to Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, and also pulled out of the upcoming ICC's Johnnie Walker Super Series in Australia after being named both in the One-day and Super Test squads.

He hopes to make his international comeback in the home series against Sri Lanka commencing on October 25.

Tendulkar said that his doctors told him that the discomfort in his elbow was a very normal thing.

"They say its very normal and I don't have to worry about it," the master batsman said.

"I am just going to go out there (Challenger Series) and give myself a chance and see what happens. I would know exactly where I stand and basically that becomes my target,"he said.

"After the Challenger I will be in a better position to figure out how it is," he added.

Tendulkar underwent surgery for tennis elbow in London at the end of May and hasn't played any competitive cricket since then, though he indulged in light practice sessions. On Saturday he batted in the nets too.

He was given the go ahead to play on Friday and named in the India Seniors squad, to be led by Sourav Ganguly, by the national selectors, who chose the three teams to play in the Challenger series on Saturday in Delhi.

Tendulkar missed India's first two tours of the new season, to Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, and also pulled out of the upcoming ICC's Johnnie Walker Super Series in Australia after being named both in the One-Day and Test squads.

He hopes to make his international comeback in the home series against Sri Lanka, commencing on October 25.

Write Comments