Ganguly remains non-committal on Challenger

Published: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 23:53 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Kolkata:Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly, nursing an injured right elbow, yesterday remained non-committal about playing in the Challenger tournament beginning in Mohali from October 10.

To persistent queries from scribes at the inauguration of the 'Videocon School of Cricket' here on whether he would play in the Challenger, Ganguly said ''I have already said I am not going to talk about it.''

Uncertainty continued over Ganguly's participation in the Challenger with the Indian captain scheduled to consult team physio John Gloster and BCCI's medical panel chief Anant Joshi in Mumbai on Friday about his injury.

Ganguly's decision on playing the Challengers would depend on the advice given by the duo.

The southpaw, who has already intimated the board about his injury, damaged his elbow during a practice game in Zimbabwe last month.Ganguly had on Monday consulted a city orthopaedic, Kalyan Mukherjee, who advised him an MRI, the report of which would be shown to John Gloster.

Both Ganguly and Mukherjee have remained silent about the nature of the injury amidst speculation that it could be the early stage of a tennis elbow, the same injury that has afflicted Sachin Tendulkar for more than a year.

Write Comments