More, Nair rubbish the reports on team selection

Published: Saturday, October 15, 2005, 23:53 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Mumbai:National Senior Cricket Selection Committee Chairman, Kiran More and Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Secretary and Meeting Convener S K Nair today rubbished news reports that Sachin Tendulkar had anything to do with the removal of Sourav Ganguly from the Indian cricket captaincy.

"It's all rubbish. So many things are appearing in the media, which have no grain of truth in them. I never asked Sachin whether he wanted to be the captain and he never told me anything about Sourav," More told PTI when contacted.

Reports appearing in a section of press, quoting sources close to the Selection Committee, today said Tendulkar had turned down the India captaincy when it was offered to him at Mohali by More.

It further said that Tendulkar had also expressed his reservations about playing under Ganguly, which had been conveyed to the other selectors by More.

Terming the news reports as 'totally false', Nair also said that as the Convenor of the meeting he can vouch that nothing like what had appeared in the reports had been conveyed to other selectors by More.

More also took the opportunity to take a dig at reports appearing that the selectors had picked the team members purely on Greg Chappell's suggestions at the meeting held yesterday.

"What are we there for?" queried a piqued More.

Write Comments