"Doordarshan clinched the deal after offering BCCI a deal of Rs 7.5 crore per match. Another TV company had offered the Board Rs 135 crore for telecast of 12 matches as against Rs 91 crore what it will get now," Bindra told reporters here.
The former BCCI chief said the Board was playing "fraud" with the country's cricketers and the cricket-crazy public as the rights for the 12 matches had been awarded to Nimbus for 1.75 million dollars as against Nimbus' own offer of 5 million dollars.
"It is a big fraud with the cricketers, state associations and the general public. Last year, the Board lost Rs 350 crores by undervaluing what it could have earned by awarding various rights," Bindra said adding that he had day before yesterday approached Delhi High Court regarding the alleged fraud by the Board.
Bindra, who has earlier on several occasions alleged that the Board was not interested in marketing domestic cricket, said the Board's reluctant attitude had cost domestic players Rs 37.5 crore last year.
Meanwhile, he said there was a huge response from the public for Saturday's ODI match to be played at PCA stadium here and added that the 38,000 capacity stadium would be full.