"We have not decided anything regarding not participating in future Champions Trophy tournaments," board secretary Niranjan Shah told reporters on Monday.
"But we are concerned that in a crammed domestic and international calendar, the tournament takes away a month," he added. "We have some points to discuss with the International Cricket Council (ICC) in this regard."
The ICC had last week warned India against withdrawing from the tournament after reports that the Indian board was not in favour of participating in future editions.
India hosts the One-day competition in October and November with New Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata as the three venues for the event.
The Indian board, however, said it would ask the world body to add more venues.
"We have drawn attention to the fact that more than three venues might be required as there are 21 matches in the tournament," said board treasurer N. Srinivasan.
The previous editions of the Champions Trophy were held in Bangladesh (1998), Kenya (2000), Sri Lanka (2002) and England (2004).