Dalmiya dismisses Lalit Modi~~s allegations

Published: Tuesday, February 21, 2006, 23:53 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Kolkata:Former Cricket Board (BCCI) President Jagmohan Dalmiya today dismissed allegations of having misappropriated BCCI funds, saying he was ready to provide details of all the accounts.

"They are making absolutely baseless allegations in the media and if they have any query they should ask me," Dalmiya told PTI when his attention was drawn to a statement by BCCI vice-president Lalit Modi today.

Dalmiya said he had already provided all the papers with regard to the PILCOM (Pakistan, India, Lanka Committee) and, "if they want some more details, I am ready to provide them as well. But why this public accusation?"

Earlier in the day on the sidelines of BCCI Working Committee meeting in New Delhi, Modi accused Dalmiya of misappropriating Board funds to the tune of 'crores of rupees' on account of PILCOM money and TV rights for international cricket matches.

PILCOM was a committee formed during the 1996 World Cup jointly hosted by India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and headed by Dalmiya.

Dalmiya, who controlled BCCI for more than a decade, had lost a bitterly fought election in November last year when his presidential nominee Ranbir Singh Mahendra lost to Sharad Pawar.

Write Comments