Talking to UNI , BCCI designated lawyer Ankur Chawla said, ''I am coming with all the bank documents that Mr Dalmiya has asked for.'' ''This will be some 2073 documents putting together the 273 documents shown before,' he said.
He, however, added, ''What Mr Dalmiya fails to understand is that we have given the show-cause notice based on the 273 documents and not on the rest. But since he insists we have no problems in furnishing them. Its just a ploy to confuse and divert,'' he added.
Mr Chawla will accompany Mr Shah to the city tomorrow and will be the vital cog in handing over the documents.
City Civil Court Judge T K Sarkar directed BCCI counsel to furnish Mr Dalmiya with all the required documents by August 29.
Following this Mr Dalmiya has been given time till September 8 to file his response. After that BCCI can go through the papers and decide whether a disciplinary committee would be formed, where Mr Dalmiya would be called within seven days.
Mr Dalmiya had sought for 2073 bank documents of which only 227 had been provided. The remaining 1800 odd documents would be provided tomorrow.
Mr Dalmiya has been showcaused by the BCCI for alleged misappropriation of funds from the PILCOM accounts.
However, Mr Dalmiya has challenged the BCCI summons to appear before the BCCI Disciplinary Committtee and filed a case in the city civil court, challenging the very decision, and calling the formation of the Committee as 'premature.'