हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Shoaib ruled out of further action in SA series

Published: Monday, January 22, 2007, 23:53 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Karachi:Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has been ruled out of action for two weeks with a hamstring injury and will take no further part in the test series in South Africa, an official said on Monday.

"The team management has confirmed he has torn his hamstring muscle during the second test. But they have to still decide if he returns home," Ehsan Malik, communications director, told Reuters.

Akhtar played his first test in 11 months at Port Elizabeth last week and took four wickets in South Africa's first innings, but the injury prevented him from bowling in the second innings.

Malik also said a disciplinary hearing would be held after television cameras captured Shoaib in an altercation with coach Bob Woolmer in the dressing room before the start of play on the second day on Saturday.

Selectors would decide if any replacements would be send to South Africa, he added.

Reuters

Write Comments