But Inzamam insisted that the questioning was routine and that he and Mushtaq had been told by police that they were free to leave for home as planned later Saturday.
"It was nothing, just one question, nothing special," the 37-year-old Inzamam said, without specifying what the police asked of him.
"There have been so many rumours but we are going home tonight and everything is clear. The police said we are free to go home."
Woolmer, who died last Sunday the day after Pakistan were knocked out of the World Cup by Ireland, was strangled to death and a murder hunt was launched.
Team spokesman Pervez Mir denied that either Inzamam or Mushtaq were involved.
"Absolutely not, it is absolutely absurd, those two? No way. I am not even going to think about it or even dream about it.
"There is no question that any of the players is linked at all. It's unthinkable, I'm not even going to dream about it, let alone think about it," said Mir.
"We have to let the police do their job and once there any findings or anything we'll be the first to know, I'm sure."
PCB seek chartered flight for players: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is trying to arrange a chartered flight for its players to return home from Jamaica as they were on the verge of breaking down after a stressful week.
The Pakistan squad, who were knocked out of the World Cup after a shock loss to Ireland last Saturday, have had their departure delayed since Thursday.
PCB director of cricket operations Saleem Altaf told Reuters their delay was due to a non-availability of seats.
"The basic problem they are facing is finding seats from London to Pakistan on the World Cup's official carriers. They have not been held up because of the investigations," he said.
"We are now trying to arrange a chartered flight for them from London onwards."