The Advertiser newspaper in Adelaide reported Tuesday that Vincent was negotiating with the South Australian Cricket Association and was leaning towards moving there.
But the aggressive stroke player said Wednesday he was totally committed to playing for New Zealand and his provincial team Auckland, although he confirmed he had been in discussions with South Australia over his career.
Playing for New Zealand remains his priority but Vincent added that he would be interested in playing for the Australian state side in the future.
"I love representing my country and still have a lot to achieve in international cricket," the 28-year-old said in a statement.
Vincent lived in Adelaide between the ages of 12 and 18, playing in South Australian representative age group sides.
"I grew up there and have strong links to a number of people in SA and they have always been interested in my cricket career," he said.
Vincent had been in strong form for New Zealand before having to return home from the World Cup in the West Indies after his wrist was broken facing speedster Shane Bond in the nets.
In 22 Tests, Vincent has averaged 35.00 with the bat and he has an average of 28.27 in 97 one-day internationals.