Worcestershire chief executive Mark Newton decided to try to stage the game at the county's headquarters, flooded by the River Teme a fortnight ago, rather than switching it to nearby Kidderminster so as groundstaff would be on hand to get New Road ready for Friday's lucrative televised Pro40 match against Hampshire, rather than being deployed elsewhere.
But Kent director of cricket Ford said: "We came here expecting to get four days of first-class cricket in first-class conditions.
"What hurts a lot is we do know there were other options available and we would have had proper cricket played at the other venues," added Ford, who recently turned down the chance to become India coach to stay with Kent.
England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) chief executive David Collier said the governing body would look into the fixture.
"We will be reviewing all the circumstances of the match and will make a decision. There are quite significant implications and precedents we need to have a look through.
"We will be reviewing all of the facts and will make a decision in the next 48 hours," he added.
Kent had already made their position clear to the ECB, whose existing regulations would appear to rule out restaging the match at a later date.
Newton was adamant he'd no regrets, saying: "As far as I am concerned the weather we have had this week has justified even more what we are trying to achieve because Friday is so important to us. If we lose Friday it just compounds the whole financial issue even further."
Worcestershire suffered losses of 170,000 pounds when their four Twenty20 games at New Road had to be abandoned or switched to other venues and will incur another deficit of around 80,000 pounds if the Pro40 game is washed out.