The PCB fined the pacer 300,000 rupees (5,000 dollars) after he snubbed a subsequent disciplinary inquiry.
"Akhtar has been fined for leaving the training camp in Karachi last week without telling the management and then he did not come to attend the hearing," PCB director of communications Ahsan Malik told AFP.
The 32-year-old left the training camp in Karachi citing a neck injury.
"Akhtar has been fined 100,000 rupees for leaving the camp without information and on the second count he is fined 200,000 rupees," said Malik.
The player will also be docked one-and-a-half points from the 20-point disciplinary total reserved for every player, said Malik.
Despite the neck injury, Akhtar was named in Pakistan's 15-man squad for the Twenty20 World Cup announced on Tuesday.
Akhtar, who missed the Cricket World Cup in the Caribbean earlier this month due to a knee injury, managed to bowl just six overs in practice matches held during the camp before leaving for Lahore.
Akhtar, involved in a doping scandal last year along with pace partner Mohammad Asif, has not played for Pakistan since February due to various injuries.
The new-ball partners tested positive for the banned steroid nandrolone in Pakistan before the 2006 ICC Champions Trophy, and were subsequently withdrawn from the tournament.
A PCB doping tribunal banned Akhtar for two years and Asif for one year, but the bans were controversially overturned on appeal.
Pakistan also conducted pre-World Cup doping tests in February in which Akhtar and Asif did not appear. Both were then withdrawn from the World Cup due to injuries on the day the team left for the West Indies.
Pakistan suffered a humiliating exit from the World Cup after a three-wicket loss to first-timers Ireland.