Pakistan cricket officials deferred a decision Saturday on disciplinary action against paceman Shoaib Akhtar for hitting a teammate with a bat.
Akhtar and several teammates gave evidence at a Pakistan Cricket Board disciplinary committee on Saturday about the incident which occurred days before the Twenty20 World Cup.
"We did think that we would reach a decision today but we want to take a decision only after analysing the events and on the conscience of the members," said committee member Shafqat Naghmi.
Naghmi, who is also PCB chief operating officer, did not give a new date for the decision.
Akhtar hit fellow fast bowler Mohammad Asif after team practice in Johannesburg before the start of the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup last month. He was expelled from the team and sent back home.
The committee's delay means Akhtar may miss the five-match one-day series against South Africa later this month. He has already been banned from the two-match Test series against the tourists pending the committee's ruling.
The 32-year-old maverick was charged over hitting Asif, holding a press conference on his return and accusing teammate Shahid Afridi of provoking him over the incident.
Afridi, who was among players who gave a statement to the closed committee hearing on Saturday, said he had forgiven Akhtar.
"I have forgiven him and for me it is over as I have no hard feelings," Afridi told reporters after attending the hearing.
Akhtar faces a fine of 500,000 rupees (8,200 dollars) and a ban on playing in the upcoming one-day internationals.
Akhtar has also been charged for criticising the PCB doping tribunal which banned him for two years and Asif for one year after they both tested positive for a banned steroid last year.
The bans were overturned on appeal.