Hobart: Global news agencies ended a boycott of Australian cricket after striking an agreement with the sport's governing body allowing their photographers and reporters to cover matches.
The agencies will immediately begin coverage of the second Test against Sri Lanka, which started in Hobart on Friday, giving cricket fans in Sri Lanka the chance to follow their team's Australian tour.
The agencies, including Agence France-Presse, Reuters, Associated Press and Getty Images, had suspended all coverage of the 2007-08 season due to a dispute over restrictions imposed on media coverage.
The boycott, which blacked out agency coverage of last week's Test against Sri Lanka in Brisbane, would be lifted immediately, the agencies said in a statement issued by a coalition of media groups opposed to the restrictions.
"The News Media Coalition (NMC) has reached an agreement in its talks with Cricket Australia (CA) regarding news coverage during the current season," they said.