New Delhi: The Board of Cricket for Control in India (BCCI) today said that players of both the teams-India and Pakistan-have been provided with adequate security by the government.
According to BCCI vice president Rajiv Shukla the teams are satisfied with the arrangements. ''So far, I think adequate security arrangements have been made and proper cover has been provided to the players as well as the spectators.''
Shukla said this after it was reported that an e-mail threatening a series of explosions, including an attack on the visiting Pakistani cricket team, has been received by a private TV channel.
He said the BCCI has spoken to the Home Ministry on the issue of security and added that before every match, BCCI gets in touch with the Home Ministry and whenever any security arrangements were required, ''it lets them know.''
BCCI's responsability: Pakistan team management on Saturday said they were totally depending on the BCCI for their security in the wake of serial blasts in three cities of Uttar Pradesh on Friday.
''We are totally depending on the host board regarding our security arrangements,'' Pakistan team media manager Ehsan Malik told reporters when asked about any security concerns after the blasts.
Yesterday, at least 13 people were killed and more than 60 injured as terrorists targeted the judiciary in Uttar Pradesh, triggering six powerful blasts at district courts in Lucknow, Varanasi and Faizabad within a space of 15 minutes.
When offie Harbhajan Singh was asked about any possible threat following the UP serial blasts, he said, ''I don"t know anything about any threat.'' ''There are people to look after for that,'' he added.