हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

I'm not confirmed walker like Gilly, admits Clarke

Published: Sunday, January 13, 2008, 16:11 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

London: Australian batsman Michael Clarke has personally apologised to Indian skipper Anil Kumble for not leaving the crease in Sydney when he was clearly dismissed, but maintained that he will not follow Adam Gilchrist's lead of being a confirmed 'walker'.

"I'm not saying I'm a walker. I can't sit here and say when I get caught behind I walk. You get the good and the bad," the Daily Telegraph quoted Clarke, as saying.

This means that Clarke in future will stand his ground for inconclusive edges to the wicketkeeper, but will walk when he is obviously caught out at slip or other positions.

But Clark insisted that he was "100 per cent certain" that he had claimed a clean catch to dismiss Sourav Ganguly at the SCG.

In a simple move, which could go a long way towards healing the explosive rift between the sides, Clarke telephoned Kumble and told his Indian rival he was sorry and deeply regretted not walking after clearly slicing a ball to first slip.

"I tried to get Anil's number for the past three or four days," Clarke revealed.

"I told him, with my dismissal, it was more shock and disappointment to be honest more than anything else," he added.

Clarke had been accused of 'double standards' by Kumble, who used his News Limited column last week to attack Clarke's integrity.

Agencies

Write Comments