Veteran Otieno axed from Kenya's Sharjah squad

Published: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 2:41 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Nairobi: Kenya have retained the same squad that beat Canada and Bermuda to move to the top of the ICC Intercontinental Cup series for rescheduled matches against Namibia and the United Arab Emirates in Sharjah later this month, officials said Monday.

This means there is no place in the team for veteran opener-cum-wicketkeeper Kennedy Otieno, who only returned to the side from a coaching stint in Australia last week and expressed his willingness to play for Kenya again after a two-year absence.

India-born batsman Tanmay Mishra is also be left out of the touring side after failing to attend training, said Cricket Kenya chief executive Tom Tikolo.

Kenya will arrive in Sharjah on January 26 for the two back-to-back matches against Namibia and the United Arab Emirates which were moved to the UAE after the country sunk into violence following the disputed December 27 presidential elections.

Kenya, which lead the standings with 40 points, will first play Namibia from January 29 to February 1 before facing their hosts three days later.


Write Comments