The board said that Akhtar has been in spotlight for all the wrong reasons. In another related development, Pak coach Geoff Lawson asked the PCB not to consider the speedster for Tests.
The PCB has written that Akhtar has a record of breaching the terms of his central contract and he has remained in the spotlight for wrong reasons, the Dawn quoted sources as saying.
To make matters worse for Shoaib, Lawson has also suggested that the express bowler be selected only for the ODIs as he was not reliable for Test cricket. "His future may lie in just being a ODI bowler and is not consistant and reliable for Test cricket," Lawson wrote.
PCB"s disciplinary committee met on Friday to go through the chargesheet submitted against the fast bowler, who is under a one year probation after being banned for 13 matches and fined Rs 3.4 million for having a brawl with team-mate Muhammad Asif in South Africa last year.
Now, the board has charged the ill-tempered pacer with giving media statements against the policies of the PCB after he was dropped from the new central contracts list in January.
Shoaib accused the board of having double standards while dealing with the players and accused it of conducting 'B' grade matches at domestic level.
Shoaib, in his response to the PCB notice, has written rather passively to PCB Chairman Nasim Ashraf. "I have every respect for you as one would for an elder brother. More so, because you have been quite a helping hand throughout your tenure," he wrote.
He also said that it was not his intention to be critical of the PCB and he regrets any inconvenience caused by him.